Saturday, December 8, 2012

Reindeer Cupcakes - PROVEN

My good friend, Amanda Benn found this super cute recipe online and sent it to me.  From the first time I saw it I knew we would have to try it as soon as possible.

These reindeer cupcakes were very easy and really fun to make!!


We doubled the batch so we would each have 2 dozen to share with friends and family, or to devour ourselves!



Okay, hold on to your hats and get ready to laugh at me, but I have never made cupcakes before, ever.  Not that I recall anyway, I am sure I have watched and "helped" my mom when I was a child but not in my adult life. 

We used Sixlets for the Reindeer eyes

I was no expert on filling the cups, I got cake mix everywhere at which point Amanda took over for me.  I was just making too much of a mess!!

I recommend making sure that ALL the cupcakes are completely done cooking.  When it came time to frost them, there were about 8 (out of 48) that were crumbling and falling apart, so we decided just to eat those and not decorate them! DARN! :)


We used red peanut butter M&Ms for the noses!
 
I think that they turned out amazing!  It was an awesome time with my great friend, Amanda and we got these delicious and adorable treats!!
 

We liked them better as Rudolphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment