Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Crusty Bread - PROVEN

I realize that hte vast majority of my blog posts involve food.  Well, that's simple to explain, really.  Since my life is so busy (who's isn't, right?) cooking and baking are things i would notmally be doing regardless of whether or not I was publishing a blog.  I figured it's still a great use of this myth busting/pin busting platform since so many things i see on Pinterest involve new recipes. I wonder how many of those recipes actually get tested?

Well, folks, I really try to test all of mine, and it's about time I shared this one with you!

Crusty Bread!!!!!

Ahh, gotta love it, fresh and hot from the oven to soak up your soup, juices from a roast, just to rip off and eat or any way you can imagine!!!

This recipe is awesome.  I have had to modify it here and there to get my dough consistency correct.  It should be sticky, not too thick and not runny in order to get the proper rise and baking result!


This does require a small cast iron dutch oven. My wonderful Mama purchased one for me on sale, I believe it was at Meijer!

The recipe calls for unbleached flour, which is what I buy anyway because...who wants their flour to be bleached?? It's right in with the regular flour and costs about the same!

I don't always let my bread rise for the recommended amount of time.   The recipe calls for 12-18 hours of rise time, but I usually don't make the dough in time in order to eat with dinner the following night, so I have to rush this process. I have let it rise for only 9-10 hours before and the results were the same.

ENJOY!!!







CAN YOU SAY DELICIOUS?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment