Thursday, June 12, 2014

Dye Easter Eggs with Whipped Cream - PROVEN

This was so much fun!!!

My husband was a total skeptic, stuck in his traditional methods for doing things and was unconvinced that this would even work.

Well, we proved him wrong!  He still thinks we should try the traditional way next year...we will see about that ;)

I started with a recommendation from my friend Vanessa on dying Easter eggs with whipped cream.  I thought it sounded like a fun alternative to the traditional way and something our 2 year old would really enjoy (and find tasty).  I was right!

We followed all the directions and we were very excited and pleased with the results!  I did soak them in vinegar as recommended and I used gel food coloring, which I had never heard of, but was easy to find right in with the liquid stuff!





Madison loved playing in the mix, rolling the eggs and licking her fingers off and making quiet the mess.  But, kids are prone to messes anyway so we did this project outside!




It was harder than you would think for us to be able to dye eggs at all. We were in the process of moving and the new place had no appliances, so I had to go back to the old house just to boil the eggs and then transport them back to the new homestead, but that little jaunt aside this project was fun, easy and worked great!



No comments:

Post a Comment