Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cleaning a Glass Top Stove with Baking Soda - BUSTED

From now on, I am only using my baking soda for baking.  Last time I used it to clean my dishwasher I was disappointed and ended up without any in the cupboard when I went to make Banana Bread.

This pin says to use baking soda, hot water and dish soap to get your glass top stove sparkling clean.  I should have known it was too good to be true.  Although the results weren't non-existent, I probably would have gotten these same results using just a wet rag and some elbow grease.

Here are the before pictures of my glass top:



In Process Pics:



 
 
 
I followed all the directions exactly, except I did leave the rags on longer than 15 minutes (it said to do this for added effect)

Below are pictures of the result.  Not the greatest.  I'm not saying that this process didn't work at all, but I was expecting more "wow" factor.  I'll stick with my trusty glass top stove cleaner and plastic razor blade, in fact, I will probably go finish the job the baking soda didn't right now.



1 comment:

  1. Event though this one didn't work, don't give up on baking soda as a cleaner just yet. I use it all the time, and it really did work on my oven. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete