Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ink Stain - ON THE FENCE

So, my ink pen exploded in my beloved John Deere purse. You can see the picture of the disaster below. I found on Pinterest that you can get out ink stains, even set in ones, with Hair Spray or Hand Sanitizer. So I put that theory to the test!
Before-Outside of Purse

Before-Inside of Purse


I soaked the stain inside and out with Hair Spray, rubbed it in, a lot and let it set just a few minutes before I washed it with my regular laundry degergent.

Below you can see the results after the first wash. The stain was still pretty noticable so I decided to let the hair spray soak longer this time....
After 1st Wash

I waited about 4 hrs before I ran it through the wash again, this time adding some hand sanitizer to the stain and rubbed it again quite a bit. I knew some of the stain was coming out because it was all over my hands....still is!

After the second wash it was much better than the first and I decided not to use the washer to wash this one item for a third time, I have other laundry to do. So I let it dry by hanging it out and the stain is almost not even noticeable anymore. But, if you look closely you can tell it's still there.
I am happy with the results since the before and after pics are a complete 180 from each other, but if you are looking to get a set in ink stain out of a white shirt, I don't know if hand sanitizer and hair spray will be your answer, but its worth a try!

After 2nd Wash



No comments:

Post a Comment