Friday, November 30, 2012

South Dakota Meat Loaf - PROVEN

This is yet another pin that I created on Pinterest found in my Taste of Home cookbook that we received as a wedding present.

Meat Loaf has always been a favorite of my husband's so I wanted to make him one that we could both enjoy since I wasn't too fond of it to begin with.  My mom didn't make it all that often, I don't think either one of my parent's were huge fans. 

I found this South Dakota Meat Loaf recipe and decided to give it a go.  This was about 5 years ago!!

Meat Loaf is sort of a love or hate food and I thought I hated it.  Not anymore!  This is a staple in our house and on our menu at least once a month.

The first time I made it I followed the directions exactly, now I use a little more Worcestershire sauce, a green pepper (if I have one) and basically more than double the recipe.  I usually make about a 3.5-4 lb meat loaf!!

Usually, I like to take after photos of my cooked meals, but we are usually so anxious to dig in I am having a hard time finding any!!  Enjoy :)





I don't know what about this recipe makes it "South Dakota-like" but I'll take it!

3 comments: