Friday, November 16, 2012

Homemade Baby Food - PROVEN


Every Spring, my husband and I plant a couple of massive gardens.  We grow everything from hot peppers to pumpkins. 

This year, we had a baby to consider when planting the garden so we decided to plant a few extra summer squash and zuchinni plants.

Fortunatley for us, Madison was loving squash baby food right at the time it was coming ripe in the garden.

Summer Squash
I found this recipe for Homemade Baby Food on Pinterest and have used it several times since.  It is very easy, even if you don't grow a garden, produce can be quite a bit cheaper to purchase than baby food!

Squash, cut into chunks, skins on, boil until tender (only leave on skins for ages 6 months +, smaller babies have a hard time digesting the skins.

I made several batches of this food, I used summer squash and zuchinni mixed or just summer squash alone with no added flavorings and it was a huge hit in the Denig house!


Pureed in Food Processor




I saved all of her purchased baby food containers for easy storage

All done!  Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment