Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Heavenly Smelling House - ON THE FENCE

We were having company over a few months ago and I am always using those Scentsy wax warmers, candles and plug-ins.  Seems like I need one in every room, the scent just never carries the way I would like.


I saw this on Pinterest and thought, hey I have oranges and cinnamon, might as well give this a try.

The recipe for a Heavenly Smelling House is very simple.  Boil orange peels with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon on Medium heat.

This did make my house smell nice, mostly in the kitchen and living room, which are connected, but even faintly in our bedroom.  I was pleased with the results. 

However, I must not have used enough water and after an hour of the peels boiling most of the water had evaporated and caused a sticky mess in the bottom of the pan.  Burning cinnamon doesn't really smell that grand.

That was my error though, and I want make sure you all have the information that I didn't. 

I suggest using a large pan with plenty of water and perhaps more cinnamon for a more concentrated scent since more water will dilute the smell-good effects this really does have.

No comments:

Post a Comment